2013-09-27 -- PhD thesis about Simpl published
Margus Freudenthal's PhD thesis describes the architecture of Simpl and the rationale behind it's design choices.
Margus Freudenthal. Simpl: A toolkit for domain-specific language development in enterprise information systems. PhD thesis, University of Tartu, 2013.
2013-07-13 -- Simpl 1.4.0 released.
- Upgraded to Scala 2.9.3.
- Upgraded to Eclipse 3.7.
- Added support for Kiama language processing library.
- Added some new examples.
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes.
2012-02-09 -- Simpl 1.3.0 released.
- Added pretty-printing library that can be used for code generation.
- Added include directive that can be used to spread the grammar in several files.
- Other minor enhancements.
2011-09-09 -- Simpl 1.2.0 released.
- Same attribute name can now be used several times in the same rule. The result is that the attribute will contain list of nodes.
- Several smaller bugfixes. See issues list for more detailed info.
2011-03-14 -- Simpl 1.1.2 released.
Several smaller bugfixes. See issues list for more detailed info.
2011-01-31 -- Simpl 1.1.1 released.
- Added PUF example that demonstrates how to use Simpl to process more complex languages.
- Added PrettyPrint object that can be used to pretty-print abstract syntax tree.
2011-01-24 -- Simpl 1.1.0 released.
- Many smaller bugfixes.
- Upgraded to Scala 2.8.1 and ANTLR 3.3
- Refactored API for adding images to outline view. Image loading is now done via YourLanguageConfig.initializeImages method. See the user's guide and fowler-example (or a wizard-generated project) for details.
- Minor other API improvements.
- Added options keyword that can be used to specify ANTLR options. Mostly useful for turing on backtracking.
- Grammar rules can now specify return type and/or return code expression. See user manual for more details.
2010-09-16 -- Simpl 1.0.1 bugfix release. The syntax colouring preferences window now works (for all DSLs). Note: making use of this change requires adding YourLangPreferenceInitializer class to project.xml and YourLangServices.scala files. See wizard's templates for examples.
2010-09-06 -- Simpl 1.0.0 released.